The knight commander Agostino Fivizzani built the current parish church in about 1595, to meet the needs of the population growth in the village. The building has an austere facade, with the portal dominated by the emblem of Fivizzani.
The main altar is the only original part and has two columns of cipollino marble and on the bottom, a painted aedicula made up of two Corinthian capitals columns. The altar fresco depicts the Virgin Mary sitting on clouds with the Child crowned by angels, next to her the two Saints.
Santa Marinella, lower right, distinguished by the view on the bottom of the Odescalchi Castle. Santa Severa, at the bottom left, holds the instruments of martyrdom, recognizable in the right hand: the flagella, ending with lead balls, with which according to an ancient tradition was flogged. Next to the representation of the castle, in how it was supposed to be present at the end of the XVI century, an era in which the frescoes were commissioned by knight commander Sallustio Taruggi.
Many of the frescoes, along the walls of the upper aisle, representing Stories of the Life of Santa Severa, were destroyed when in 1772 Monsignor Guidi del Santo Spirito adorned the ceiling with the vault of plaster and stucco. In recent times during a repair of the roof of the church a part of those frescoes have seen the light again. Hidden, there are: between fake curtains, a papal coat of arms, probably that of Pope Paul V flanked by the coats of arms of the Borghese family.
There is also The Nativity with the scene of the Announcement to the shepherds and the Annunciation, of which only the face of Mary is left and the hand of the angel reaching up towards the Almighty. The other two paintings represent Pentecost, with the Holy Spirit shining on Mary’s head and the Assumption of the Virgin rising to heaven with open arms. The small barrel vault of the cover represents the Father with the globe in the centre of the painting. The fresco depicting St. Anthony the Abbot, on the other hand, is heavily damaged. All the frescoes were restored in 1970.